Monday, September 24, 2012

Emily Hudson by Melissa Jones


SYNOPSIS:  Emily is sent away from her boarding school for improper behavior.  She is left at her uncle's mercy, and he tries to find her a suitable match.  However, she fights against the bonds she feels are tightening around her, and runs away with her cousin to Europe.  Unfortunately, he begins to see her as a possession, and soon, she has to escape from another unhealthy relationship and try to find herself.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  This was another audiobook I checked out from the library, and was a little hard to get through.  I imagine it would have been even harder if I had been reading it instead of listening to it.  I found the heroine to be dramatic and inconstant, and couldn't really interest myself in what happened to her.  There was some mild sensuality in the book, including a brief relationship with a married man, so I would recommend this book only for young adults or adults.

RATING:  PG13 for Sensuality

AUDIENCE:  Young Adults, Adults

STARS:  2

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Juliet, North and South

No comments: