Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Witch and Wizard Series by James Patterson


SYNOPSIS:  Whit and Wisty discover that they have magical powers.  They discover this as they are forcibly taken from their home by guards from the New Order, whose primary focus is to stamp out anything cultural or supernatural.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  I'm sure there are people out there who like these books.  I'm not trying to be mean, but I felt like reading them was a waste of my time.  I'm glad it only took me about 5 minutes to read each book.  The story-line was choppy and unbelievable, and there was some violence and gore which seemed unnecessary to me.  However, they are quite popular, and I'll admit I was somewhat thrown by all the fantasy imagery, so others may like them more than I did.

RATING:  PG13 for violence

AUDIENCE:  Teens and Young Adults

STARS:  1

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  The Dangerous Days of Daniel X, A Wrinkle in Time

No comments: