Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Immortals Series by Tamora Pierce


SYNOPSIS:  Veralidaine Sarrasri, an orphan, is discovered by a horse trader because of her ability to work with and manage horses.  Throughout the series, she discovers she has wild magic, which allows her to communicate with animals, and even become one herself.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  I think I discovered these books after reading another of Tamora Pierce's books that I liked.  I'm not normally drawn to fantasy, but I did enjoy this series.  As a disclaimer, I would say that not all books written by Tamora Pierce are right for young audiences, but I think this series would be fun for teenaged readers who like fantasy.

RATING:  PG, possibly PG13 for violence

AUDIENCE:  Teens, Young Adults

STARS:  4

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Howl's Moving Castle, Percy Jackson



No comments: