Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Vow by Kim and Krickitt Carpenter


SYNOPSIS:  This is the true story of a newlywed couple who are involved in a horrible car accident.  Afterward, Kim loses her memory from the recent past, and as a result can't remember anything about her new husband.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  I had heard this story, and watched the movie, and wanted to read the book to find out the rest of the story.  I'm glad I did, because the book was widely different from the movie, and I enjoyed it more.  Given the story, it isn't surprising that there is some graphic imagery, which I would recommend only for older readers.  Also, the book has a religious focus in it.  All in all, I would recommend it for older readers.

AUDIENCE:  Adult, Young Adult

RATING:  PG13 for graphic imagery

STARS:  2 1/2

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Dear John, The Lucky One

No comments: