Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Eve by Anna Carey


SYNOPSIS:  After the plague, many children are orphaned.  One of these orphans, Eve, is ready to graduate from her all-girls school.  She excels in all her studies, and is eager to show the world what she knows.  That is, until she learns that her future is not to change the world, but to help repopulate the human species.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  Although this story had potential, I don't think it quite lived up to it.  The heroine was weak, letting those around her make the sacrifices for her.  I prefer stronger, more independent heroines.  As far as content goes, there was some graphic imagery and violence, as well as some sensuality.  Although I'm sure others would disagree with me, I wouldn't recommend this book.

AUDIENCE:  Young Adult

RATING:  PG13 for Violence and Graphic Imagery, and Sexual Reference

STARS:  1 1/2

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Birthmarked, Wither



No comments: