Monday, February 25, 2013

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead


SYNOPSIS:  Sydney's job is to make sure humans don't find out about vampires.  So when she finds herself sent to a boarding school to protect an endangered vampire from her own kind, she realizes she has her hands full.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  I didn't realize when I checked this out, but it is actually a spin-off of another series.  Fortunately, it works all right as a stand-alone.  I was doing all right with this book until about halfway through when it started to get a little gruesome for me.  Personally, I'm not a huge fan of reading about vampires drinking blood, and there is quite a bit of that in this book, especially toward the end.  I also thought the plot like was somewhat unoriginal (another Twilight copycat), so I didn't end up being a fan of the book.  I wouldn't really recommend it, especially for younger audiences.  As far as content goes, there was some violence and horror sequences.  There was also some bad language in it.  There was a little bit of sensuality in it as well, although it was pretty minimal.

RATING:  PG13 for Violence, Scary Sequences, and Language

AUDIENCE:  Young Adults

STARS:  2

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Twilight, Fallen


No comments: