Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins


SYNOPSIS:  In case you have been living under a rock, the Hunger Games trilogy is about Katniss Everdeen, a teen who becomes a tribute in a set of games designed to have only one survivor.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  The first time I read these, I wished I hadn't.  Not only did my house fall to pieces while I read them, all three in three days, but I also felt a little let down by the end.  However, the books were exciting and thrilling to read, and I liked the message of standing up for yourself, and the strong female heroine.  That being said, I would not recommend the books for young readers, as the violence is sometimes disturbingly graphic, and there are other issues that are geared towards older readers.

RATING:  PG13 for violence

AUDIENCE:  Young Adult

STARS:  4

OTHER BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Uglies, Divergent, Matched

No comments: