Monday, February 3, 2014

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

SYNOPSIS:  Tris's story continues in this conclusion to the Divergent Series.  The story picks up right where it left off, with the reveal of Edith Prior's message.  Tris decides to get out of the compound, no matter what it takes.  What she finds there, however, turns her life upside down.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  Frankly, this book was a bit of a let-down for me.  I was expecting more from it, and it felt like it fell short, in my opinion.  As far as content goes, there is some more sensuality, violence and language again in this book.  I'm tempted to recommend skipping this book and the rest of the series.  At the very least, I would only recommend it to older readers due to the content.

AUDIENCE:  Young Adults

RATING:  PG13 for Sensuality, Language, and Violence

STARS:  1 1/2

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Birthmarked, Partials

No comments: