Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


SYNOPSIS:  Anna is sent to a Paris boarding school by her parents, and she's not happy about it.  She misses her best friend, her little brother, and the chance to see what might come of her new relationship with a co-worker.  However, as time passes, she makes new friends, and realizes what she gains is worth more than what she has lost.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  I'll admit, I'm slightly embarrassed to have read this one.  I feel like I should have seen it for what it was:  a sappy teen romance novel.  There is some strong sensuality in the book, as well as some language and adult issues, such as underage drinking.  I wouldn't recommend this one, especially for younger readers.

AUDIENCE:  Young Adult

RATING:  PG13 for Sensuality, Language, and Alcohol Use

STARS:  1


No comments: