Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson

SYNOPSIS:  Maximum Ride and her "flock" are genetic experiments that got away.  They all have wings, and some have other superpowers.  The series follows their adventures as they try to save the world.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  I really liked the first book, but the series kind of went downhill from there in my opinion.  The quality of the writing wasn't as good, and the story took unbelievable twists and shocking turns.  They were dreamlike in a jarring, unstable way.  Also, there was a lot of violence, and a kind of "kids vs. adults" mentality that I wouldn't really want to encourage.  Also, I had a problem with some of the language.  (I am referring to the use of "OMG" type curses, which I take offense to.)  All in all, though, they were fast-paced and exciting.  I think I could recommend the first three, if not the whole series to a teen looking for a quick and exciting read.

RATING:  PG13

AUDIENCE:  Teen

STARS:  3 1/2

OTHER BOOKS LIKE THIS:  I am Number Four, The Hunger Games

No comments: