Friday, December 14, 2012

The Chronicles of Avonlea Series by L.M. Montgomery


SYNOPSIS:  This collection of short stories takes place in Avonlea.  Although there are some stories featuring our beloved characters, there are others included to add to the volume, as well.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  I loved this book.  I like to have an audiobook downloaded at all times to listen to while I am working out, and librivox.org makes catching up on the classics so easy.  My favorite story in the book was "The Materializing of Cecil." This book would be great for any audience, but is based mostly on adults, so I would recommend it for Pre-teens and above for that reason.

RATING:  PG for Subject Matter

AUDIENCE:  Teens, Young Adults, Adults (Pre-teens, also, if they are up to it.)

STARS:  3 1/2


No comments: