Monday, February 17, 2014

The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley

SYNOPSIS:  Flavia has just had a shock.  Her mother has been found.  In so many ways, this news changes everything around her.  However, she will not rest until she solves all the mysteries surrounding this new development.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  I don't think it is a mystery that I am a huge Flavia de Luce fan.  (Pun not intended.)  The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie is one of my all-time favorite books.  However, I did feel a bit let down with this latest installment of the series.  I loved the Sherlock Holmes mysteriousness of the previous books.  This book was more in the direction of The 39 Clues.  There was also more grotesque violence in this book than in its predecessors.  That being said, however, I thought it was very well written, and I still enjoyed it quite a lot.

AUDIENCE:  Adults and Young Adults

RATING:  PG13 for Violence

STARS:  3 1/2

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  The Agency, Cahills vs. Vespers

No comments: