Monday, February 24, 2014

Dark Star by Bethany Frenette

SYNOPSIS:  Audrey has always know her mom is different.  After all, she is a superhero.  However, she wasn't completely informed on whom (or what) her mother was fighting every night.  When girls in her town begin to disappear, and Audrey herself has a frightening run-in in an alley, she is thrown into a world she never knew existed.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  I had a different mental image of what this book was going to be, and just like the title says, it was quite a bit darker than I imagined.  Also, there was a bit of theoretical imagery, which I personally am not a fan of.  However, I think it would be an entertaining read for mature readers who enjoy dark fantasy thrillers.

AUDIENCE:  Young Adult

RATING:  PG13 for Violence, Language, and Disturbing Imagery

STARS:  2

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, I Am Number Four

No comments: