Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cahills vs. Vespers


SYNOPSIS:  The Cahills have the 39 clues, but there is more adventure to be had as the evil Vespers take their loved ones for ransom and force them to steal priceless artifacts for them.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  Although I thought The 39 Clues was a fun, educational read, I thought this newer installment was a little too mature for younger kids.  I don't want to spoil the story for anyone, but there is definitely some violence and death in this series.  In the end, I didn't feel the plot was too rewarding, either.  I don't think I'd recommend this series, especially for younger readers.

AUDIENCE:  Teens

RATING:  PG and PG13 for Violence and some Language

STARS:  1

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer, A Series of Unfortunate Events

No comments: