Thursday, November 13, 2014

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld


SYNOPSIS:  Set in an alternate World War I, the Austro-Hungarians and Germans are set for war, and the British are prepared to meet them in battle.  The story follows Aleksander, a royal heir on the run, and Deryn, a girl disguised as a boy in order to be a pilot in the war.  When their paths cross, they are started on a journey full of adventure and danger.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  I had enjoyed other Westerfeld novels, so I gave this one a try and really enjoyed it.  It was my first experience with the Steampunk genre, and I thought it was a fun book.  There is violence, as well as a few very mild sexual references, but otherwise, I would definitely recommend it.

AUDIENCE:  Teens

RATING:  PG with Violence

STARS:  3 1/2

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Beka Cooper Series, Cinder Series

No comments: