Monday, March 25, 2013

Born at Midnight by C. C. Hunter


SUMMARY:  Kylie gets labeled as a "troubled teen" and sent to a camp away from home.  She discovers that everyone at the camp has supernatural traits, and struggles to come to terms with the fact that she isn't normal, either.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  Honestly, I would recommend skipping this book.  It is clearly written for teens, with lots of teenage drama and lust and angst, but I felt that it wasn't content-appropriate for teens.  I didn't even enjoy the story or the writing all that much.  I could tell that the series was very popular, but I was glad to put this book down, and not recommend it to others.

RATING:  PG13 for Violence, Language, and Sensuality/Sexual Reference

AUDIENCE:  Young Adults

STARS:  0

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Fallen, Shiver




No comments: