Friday, October 26, 2012

Fallen by Lauren Kate


SYNOPSIS:  Luce finds herself in a reform school after a boy mysteriously burns to death while she is alone with him.  She is drawn to two different boys at the school, and tries to discover their histories, realizing along the way that they are not ordinary boys.

AUNT SHARON'S TAKE:  This is another Twilight-type book that found its way into my digital check-out cart.  Although the writing was better than some other similar types of books I've read, I still felt it was a little moody and dramatic for me.  Aside from a lot of kissing, and some violence, the content wasn't too shocking, though.  I would recommend it for older readers who enjoy dark and dramatic books.

RATING:  PG13 for Violence and some Sensuality

AUDIENCE:  Teens and Young Adults

STARS:  2 1/2

BOOKS LIKE THIS:  Twilight, City of Bones, Kane Chronicles

To read a brief update about future books in the series, click here.

No comments: